“Reading gives us a place to go when we have to stay where we are.” Unknown
We all know books make great gifts.
What makes an even better present?
A themed gift package centered around a book. In case you might like to “gift” my Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek books this Christmas, I decided to add to the fun and put together eight package gift ideas that would compliment the series.
- A Checkers Game, a Sinclair Sisters favorite. I used a checkers tournament to first introduce the four Sinclair sisters in Two Brides Too Many. And the game is featured in each of the four books.
- A Family Bible that has pages for Family Records, like the one the Sinclair Sisters share. Or simply a Bible that you can personalize for your sister, mom, daughter, or aunt. The Family Bible played a key role in Vivian Sinclair’s story in The Bride Wore Blue.
- First Congregational Church Cook Book with recipes from Cripple Creek folks at the time of the Sinclair Sisters series. Also, the First Congregational Church was Miss Hattie’s home church in Cripple Creek. Also where Tucker Raines from Too Rich for a Bride pastored.
- A camera (even just a good disposable one) in honor of Trenton Van Der Ver, the hero photographer in Twice a Bride.
- A journal, giving a nod to Kat Sinclair, who by the end of Two Brides Too Many has her first job as a “real” writer.
- A tin or box of tea. Peppermint was a Sinclair Sisters’ favorite, featured in Too Rich for a Bride, The Bride Wore Blue, and in Twice a Bride. Camomille tea scented the parlor in Two Brides Too Many. Ginger tea was served in The Bride Wore Blue.
- A copy of Harper’s Bazar, the magazine Kat Sinclair Cutshaw was writing for in Too Rich for a Bride. I had fun finding my copies of the magazine in antique stores and thrift shops.
- Fudge. Pecan fudge was a big deal in Cripple Creek in Twice a Bride.
What have you paired with a book in a gift package?