Whether your school is a public school, a private school, or a home-school co-op or conference event, Mona can provide assembly programs and interactive, classroom programs for pre-school through eighth grade, and for teachers and librarians as well. High school and community college visits, too. Because Mona is a children’s book author, a novelist, a journalist with hundreds of article credits, and a poet, she offers a variety of session possibilities for students and teachers.
MONA’S PUBLISHING CREDITS INCLUDE:
- 31 Children’s Books: Fiction and Nonfiction, Picture Books, Early Readers, and Middle Reader nonfiction.
- Twelve Historical Novels and Novellas.
- Hundreds of articles and poems for adults and children in 50-plus periodicals.
Here’s why Mona fits several school visits into her schedule each year:
- Author visits offer a face-to-face venue for inspiring students to write as a means of expression and communication.
- To assist educators in instilling a love and respect for the power and playfulness of words.
- Contributions to 14 books for adults.
- To support literacy—one school and one student at a time.
Mona is happy to work with the school representative to shape each session to meet the needs of the various age groups and skill levels, and to accommodate the school’s specific goals for her visit.
A full-day visit consists of three to six sessions. A half-day visit consists of one or two sessions in a morning or one or two sessions in an afternoon. Classroom visits include exercises or activities designed for the age group. Mona is also available for multiple day visits to schools, districts, and cities.
If you’re interested in having Mona speak at your event, you can start the conversation HERE