In celebration of my upcoming wagon train series, I hosted a WAGON TRAIN RECIPE CONTEST! The winning recipe will be published in my next full-length novel with WaterBrook Press!
During the month of October, entrants in the recipe contest sent in beloved old family recipes! Folks voted on the recipes, narrowing the finalists to three. Now my hubby Bob and I are preparing the top three recipes and will decide which is the tastiest. It’s going to be a tough job, but someone has to do it. 🙂
We’re preparing the three recipes and sharing the process in no particular order. The winning recipe will be announced here on Thursday, December 20, 2012!
Kuchen Koffee Kake by Natalie is one of the three finalists!
2 C. scalded milk
- Mix above together & let sit for 20 minutes
- Let rise.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch and place in pie plates as you would a pie crust.
- When it starts to rise, put on topping and bake immediately for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place cooked prune halves on top of Kuchen before topping of cream.
TOPPING: Two options.
1. If sour cream is available, spread thickly over top and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Sweet cream works nicely too. If no cream is available, spread with softened butter and cinnamon.
COFFEE or TEA! Hope you enjoyed it!
Hi Nat! Yes, coffee was my choice. Would’ve been boiled out on the trail, but I didn’t go that far. Blessings, Mona