My Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek populate Colorado, but I make my home in Arizona. Central Arizona boasts a lot of family-friendly attractions and historic destinations. I thought it’d be fun to give you a peek at a few of them. If you’re heat-sensitive, I’d recommend you plan your Arizona family vacation or getaway for the more temperate months—mid-October to mid-May.
1. Oak Creek Canyon: Hwy 89A, the most scenic route between Flagstaff and Sedona. While you’re driving the canyon, you may want to stop for a visit to Slide Rock State Park and cool off on the natural waterslide.
2. Sedona: Known for its majestic red rock formations, and the internationally famous site of many John Wayne movies.
4. Out of Africa Wildlife Park: Bring your family to see hundreds of animals from all over the world.
5. Verde Canyon Railroad: A wilderness train ride that takes you back in time.
7. Blazin’ M Ranch: Talk about family fun—Old West setting, cowboy grub, and a western show full of music and laughter.
8. Fort Verde State Historic Park: Indian war era cavalry fort.
9. Prescott Rodeo: World’s Oldest Rodeo.
10. Red Rock Fantasy: A Christmas season spectacular! An entire community lit up for the season.
I’m curious…have you been to Arizona? If so, what did you see? If not, where in Arizona would you want to go first?