MONA HODGSON is the author of 40 books, and writes inspirational women’s historical romance and children’s books. Mona spent her childhood and early adulthood years living in Southern California, but now calls central Arizona her home, where she lives with her hubby, Bob Hodgson.
MONA HODGSON is the author of 40 books, historical novels for adults and children’s books, including her popular Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek Series, The Quilted Heart omnibus, and Prairie Song. Her children’s books include bestseller, Bedtime in the Southwest, Real Girls of the Bible: A 31-Day Devotional, The Princess Twins and the Puppy, The Princess Twins Play in the Garden, The Princess Twins and the Birthday Party, The Princess Twins and the Tea Party, six I Wonder books, Hide and Seek: A Devotional, How Did Bible Heroes Pray?, and twelve Desert Critter Friends books. Mona’s writing credits also include contributions to eleven books for adults and several hundred articles, poems and short stories, which have appeared in 50 different publications.
One of Mona Hodgson’s favorite things to do (besides writing or eating dark chocolate) is to speak for women’s groups, and at book clubs, schools, writers’ conferences. Mona has taught for Mount Hermon Christian Writers’ Conference, Youth with a Mission, Wrangling with Writing (Society of Southwest Authors), North Texas Christian Writers Conference, Florida Christian Writers Conference, Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference, Colorado Christian Writers Conference, and many others. Mona was the founding director of the Glorieta Christian Writers’ Conference in New Mexico and directed the Mount Hermon Christian Writers’ Conference from 2014-2016.
Married forty-three years to her leading man, Mona from Arizona lives in the Southwest where salsa is a staple. When Mona Hodgson isn’t writing or speaking, she’s playing Wii games with her Arizona grandson, picnicking, texting her three sisters, chatting on Skype with her grandchildren in Africa, or spending time with her mom who is living with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Pacesetter Award, Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference 2013
- HOLT Medallion Award of Merit for Too Rich for a Bride, Virginia RWA Chapter, 2011
- Genesis Award, ACFW, First Place Historical Fiction, 2008
- Donna Goodrich Perseverance Award, American Christian Writers, 2006
Publishers and Agencies
- Janet Kobobel Grant, Books and Such Literary Agency
- Zonderkidz for Children’s Books
- Cooper Square Publishers for Bedtime in the Southwest
- Muddy Boots Press for Bedtime in the Southwest Board Book
- WaterBrook Multnomah (Publicist and Marketing Specialist)
- Guideposts Books
- Barbour Publishing
- American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW)
- Christian Author Network (CAN)
- Romance Writers of America (RWA)
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- American Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA)